Lakeland News
  • The Lancer Locker is open Tuesday thru Friday from 2:35 p.m. to 3:05 p.m.
The Student News Site of Lakeland Regional High School

The Lancer Ledger

The Lancer Ledger

The Lancer Ledger

Lakeland’s Homecoming: A Magical Night on Broadway

The Lakeland Band is hosting this year’s Homecoming Dance on October 5, 2023. (Courtesy of the Lakeland Live Feed)

Calling Lakeland students – get ready to hit the red carpet for ‘A Night on Broadway.’ This year’s Homecoming Dance, hosted by the Lancer Band, will take place on October 5, 2023 at 7:30 p.m. in the East Gym. 

The band is thrilled to fill the night with a crowd pleasing DJ, delicious snacks, and an extravagant photobooth. The dance will be held inside, so rain or shine, outfits will stay marvelous, band director Mr. Matthew Testa shared with the Ledger

After the student council advisor stepped down, our beloved homecoming tradition was going to be lost. While Superintendent Mr. Hugh Beattie looked for a replacement for this position, Mr. Testa and the band stepped up. He worked tirelessly with the band parents and administrators to ensure this magical night continues. 

The band is offering students a great night to socialize and dance. Mr. Testa said that the band has updated the music the DJ will play in order to keep the crowd happy.

This night will also only further our school’s positive culture and a friendly atmosphere.  Mr. Beattie called the night a chance to show that Lakeland is “a family, a very big family, but a family nonetheless.” 

The night will give students and school a chance to celebrate “who we are and what we are,” as Mr. Beattie shared. 

All grades are welcome to attend – come out to  saunter down the red carpet for a fantastic night on Broadway.