Business Students Explore the Business of MetLife Stadium

LRHS+business+students+enjoy+a+beautiful+November+day+learning+the+ins+and+outs+of+sports+management+at+MetLife+Stadium.+
Courtesy of the Lakeland Live Feed
LRHS business students enjoy a beautiful November day learning the ins and outs of sports management at MetLife Stadium.

Business students explored the Business of Sports at MetLife Stadium

The Lakeland Regional High School’s Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA), and business students took a field trip to MetLife Stadium to learn the behind the scenes workings of sports management and get a backstage tour of the whole facilty on November 14, 2023.

Business teacher Mr. Cole Lankford says that the trip’s purpose was to “provide students with insight and information on potential career paths and opportunities after high school within the sports and entertainment industry.” Students got presentations from executives and sales personnel during this trip, and got the opportunity to walk on the field, visit the locker rooms and suites.

LRHS students preparing to learn about the behind the scenes working of a major sports stadium. (Courtesy of the Lakeland Live Feed)

This trip definitely provided students and even teachers with additional information about how the sports industry is run and the fundamentals of the marketing industry, including money management and how the system in the stadium works. Sophomore Melanie Jeffery says this trip impacted her as a business student and opened her eyes to “how many jobs were available in just one stadium.”

Sophomore Jaden DeGroat elaborates on how the sales personnel explained how money is made in the stadium. Jaden says, “The stadium is making money by either having to manage sales with tickets or making the prices up of everything inside the stadium or even having big companies rent out different rooms in the stadium.”

Students learned a lot of important lessons and information that will definitely help them throughout their business classes and futures. This year’s FBLA, DECA, and Business field trip was a success, and students definitely had a great time while learning.