Music Honor Society: The Journey Begins

Courtesy of the Lakeland Live Feed

Congrats to the newest members of the Music Honor Society.

Lakeland Regional High School has recently accepted a slew of students to become new members of the Music Honor Society for their school. Tri-M had brought 15 new members into their ranks and since then they have been in the process of organizing charitable and exciting events, like their instrument drive.

Tri-M is a National Association for Musical Education program that recognizes outstanding music students on a secondary level, and  is a pathway to so much more than just a program for music. The program is also a way to reach out and help as many people as possible in any way possible.

Senior and Tri-M president Emily Rose told The Ledger, “I wanted to be a leader in the musical community and help progress a new program that could be beneficial for other students.”

Courtesy of the Lakeland Live Feed

Junior Kaitlyn Houston agreed with that sentiment. 

Both Rose and Houston told The Ledger they are dedicated to this program, whether it be to inspire younger generations of band students or for just their pure love music in general. This program is clearly important and impactful to its members, as not only do they take it very seriously, but it improves their social skills and makes them truly be their best selves.

Tri-M and its members make this community better, and we can only hope to see more of their contributions to our community through their new and future members.