Lakeland News
  • The Lancer Locker is open Tuesday thru Friday from 2:35 p.m. to 3:05 p.m.
The Student News Site of Lakeland Regional High School

The Lancer Ledger

The Lancer Ledger

The Lancer Ledger

It’s Turkey Time: Thanksgiving Ideas for the Holiday Season

Courtesy of the Lakeland Live Feed
Set up your table with homemade decor, as decorating never has to be expensive.

Thanksgiving is meant to demonstrate gratitude and spend time with family and friends. From continuing traditions to starting new ones, Thanksgiving is the perfect time to do what you love.

Let’s take a look at some fun activities to incorporate into this holiday season:

Decorate
Dressing up home is the best way to get in the Thanksgiving spirit. Decorating doesn’t have to be expensive and is often fairly cheap. Decorations can include turkey, pumpkins, cornucopias, etc. Sometimes it’s the simple things that add spice.

Host a Friendsgiving
Whether it’s on Thanksgiving Day or throughout November, Friendsgiving is a unique way to celebrate. Gather some dishes, sit around, and feast. Everything is easier to do when there’s people involved. As they say, family is best when it’s created!

Run a Turkey Trot
Anyone can run! Turkey Trots are the distance of a 5k and are fun to participate in. Running will burn some serious calories before the big meal. In addition, running is the perfect way to get hungry for dinner.

Bake a Pie
No matter the pie, it’s tastiness never fails to provide a mouth watering sensation. Pies are an essential to have at dessert and taste better when they’re made fresh. With new technology and recipes, almost anyone can bake a decent pie. Baking is a great way to bond with loved ones.
Watch the Macy’s Parade
The Macy’s Day Parade has been around for almost 100 years! If the parade is being watched live, or from home, fun to tune in on. Not only are there big inflatable balloon characters, there’s also performances from singers and marching bands. The parade is a huge hit each and every year.