NHS Induction: The New Age of Brilliant Minds

Courtesy of the LRHS Live Feed

New members of NHS receiving their place in the program.

Lakeland Regional High School held an induction ceremony on February 16, 2023 for new members joining the National Honor Society (NHS). The event planned by Lakeland’s NHS advisor and English teacher Ms. Melissa Roush took place in the LRHS auditorium and was a major success.

Junior Sean Walker, a new inductee, said, “The whole thing was [kind of] crazy to me, I never thought that I would get to take part in something like this and it’s like a dream come true.” Multiple students were left in tears after the event, overwhelmed with gratitude to become members of this wonderful organization.

The NHS Induction is an event specified for juniors and seniors who have shown immense leadership, academic achievement, and integrity for all of their years at high school. The program is selective and the selected hard workers attend an induction ceremony that celebrates their achievements both academically and in their community.

New members of NHS in the LRHS auditorium on February 16. (Courtesy of the Lakeland Live Feed)

The NHS has a council of teachers who select incoming members based on a student’s GPA, application, and teacher recommendations. To be in the NHS, a student must have a GPA of 3.65 or higher, a considerable amount of service hours, and display honorable character traits.

Being a part of the NHS can elevate a student’s college application, demonstrating the individual’s well-rounded character and drive.

The LRHS community is proud and congratulates all of the new inductees!