Media Center Cafe Grand Opening This Week

The new cafe in the Media Center will feature three Kurigs and free coffee for all students and staff.

The renovated Media Center in Lakeland Regional High School is now open and looking great, with a big variety of books and a lot of space to study and get work done. On top of all the improvements, a cafe bar has been added to the Media Center and is this week. The cafe is free for everyone to come and grab a cup of coffee or tea.

The new cafe will work by self-serve with different flavors and types of both coffee and tea to choose from, all of which is free of charge and available to everyone as long as a few rules are followed, according to Ms. Owens, Media Center specialist. 

You can find the cafe at the back of the Media Center, and it includes three Kurigs, coffee and tea pods, cups, creamers, sugars and napkins.

The Journalism classes work in the cafe, which features a new bar-like area where students can charge their Chromebooks. (The Lancer Ledger)

A donation bowl is also set up for anyone using the cafe who wants to contribute to the purchase of more products. 

The rules are as follows: coffee can only be consumed inside the Media Center during study halls; the bar will not be open during hall passing time; classes taking place in the Media Center may use the cafe if the teacher allows; drinks must stay in the cafe area. 

Ms. Owens asks to please be respectful of the rules and to not abuse the cafe and its equipment. She is looking forward to sharing this new space with students and staff alike.