Lakeland Students Celebrate Their Transition Into Spring at Pep Rally

Photo courtesy of LRHS Yearbook

Lacrosse player Taylor Locke having fun at the Spring Pep Rally.

Another successful pep rally was led by the Student Council and advisers Mr. Joseph Placenti and Ms. Keri Ecker the day before spring break on Thursday, April 18, 2019.

The pep rally started off with a beautiful rendition of the national anthem sung by senior Helena Chavez, and of course, it wouldn’t be a Lakeland pep rally without some introduction jokes by Mr. John Yost, athletic director and supervisor.

Photo courtesy of LRHS Yearbook
Students participate in fun games that pit all the grades against each other.

The pep rally was hosted by juniors Kiera Marks and Rob Danza, who did a great job leading the crowd in games including various relay races. All of the spring sports captains were then introduced, and the students were able to applaud each team for their wins and achievements this season.

Mr. Placenti, said, “The spring pep rally was a great way to transition into spring break and acknowledge all of the spring athletes achievements.”

Photo courtesy of LRHS Yearbook
The LRHS dance team wowed everyone at the pep rally with an amazing performance.

Lakeland students also got to watch a phenomenal performance by our national winning Dance Team, which many called the “highlight” of the pep rally.

Congrats to all of the student athletes on a great season, and a big thanks to everyone who helped make the pep rally possible. Go Lancers!