“Prom-troversy” Comes To a Compromise

Image by geralt on Pixabay

The senior class officers and LRHS school administration were able to come to a compromise on the “prom-troversy”

After much backlash and controversy, the senior class officers and school administrators have come to a compromise regarding the new rule that students must take coach buses to and from the prom. Many seniors had concerns regarding the cost, time frame, and overall quality of their prom, but, after a recent meeting with the class officers, a letter released by Superintendent Hugh Beattie on March 6, 2019, show that students and the administration have found a middle-ground.

The letter states that early busing from the prom will be provided for those who do not want to stay for the entire duration. The prom bus departures from the school will also be intervaled beginning at 6:15 p.m, making it less time constricted for those concerned about having enough time to take pictures before the prom.

Originally students would have to pay an additional $15 or so, but now, the mandatory transportation will be provided at no additional charge.

Superintendent Beattie reiterates that the busses were not meant to ruin anyone’s prom. “The district wants to make sure that the prom is a great experience. We are always concerned about the security and welfare of our students. You can see around the building things we have done to make sure that everyone here feels safe. The Administrative Team decided to continue that focus on safety and security with the prom.”

Hopefully everyone is happy with the compromise and can enjoy the final months leading up to prom, and of course the prom itself!