LRHS’ Student Council: Ms. DeCarlo’s Role as Advisor and Admirable Accomplishments

Ms.+Nicole+DeCarlo%2C+pictured+here+after+winning+the+Student+Council+sponsored+Turk-a-Teacher+raffle%2C+%0AAnnual+Turk-a-Teacher+raffle+has+taken+over+as+advisor+to+the+organization.+
Courtesy of the LRHS Live Feed
Ms. Nicole DeCarlo, pictured here after winning the Student Council sponsored “Turk-a-Teacher” raffle, Annual “Turk-a-Teacher” raffle has taken over as advisor to the organization.

Ms. Nicole DeCarlo, gym teacher and cheerleading coach at Lakeland Regional High School, has taken on the opportunity to become Student Council’s new advisor.

Members have praised Ms. DeCarlo for her outstanding leadership and passion as advisor, explaining that without her, there would be no Student Council.

Senior Kevin Bruenjes, president of the LRHS Student Council, stated, “We needed someone and she enthusiastically stepped up to the plate and I’m so grateful for her. All of Student Council is grateful for her.” It seems as if Ms. DeCarlo’s directing presence has increased the amount of students interested in joining the Council, with Bruenjes explaining,“We have put an increased emphasis on recruitment this year. Jumping from about 10 members to now having 55 members in our Google Classroom this year alone.”

Many successes have come from Ms. DeCarlo’s guidance within the Council, including the LRHS blood drive. Partnering with the American Red Cross, the Student Council was able to get the very rewarding, yet very complicated, process up and running. Bruenjes believes that communication was the key to sustaining the drive, saying, “Instead of sitting at the fundraising table waiting for people to come to us, we went around to people and told them about the event which I believe contributed to its success.”

When asked about the upcoming goals of the organization, Bruenjes explained, “[The club doesn’t] plan on changing anything we used to do in the past, we do plan on adding onto the amazing lineup of events and fundraisers that we already have.”

As the year moves forward, the Student Council promises to plan and lead many successful events, and with the assuring guidance of Ms. DeCarlo, LRHS is excited to see what they are able to accomplish.