Elizabeth Vreeland: October

Freshman Elizabeth Vreeland has been nominated as October’s Student of the Month for Social Studies. She has been nominated by Mr. Joseph Placenti, who teaches in the same area. Mr. Placenti explained, “Through her transition to LRHS she had maintained excellent grades throughout the first marking period while also participating in extracurricular activities (field hockey).” He continued, saying that Vreeland is a “constant positive contributor to the classroom” and that she “leads by example in her diligence in her work.” Vreeland had successfully mastered the skill of managing and balancing her time both in relation to student life and how to excel in class. Mr. Placenti concluded, stating that Vreeland is a “pleasure to have in class and know.”

Vreeland was asked by the Lancer Ledger to detail her reaction to receiving the award. She said she had no idea she would receiving an award, saying, “I knew that I was doing decently well in the class, but I was not thinking that I would be rewarded, especially since it’s only my first year here.” Despite her surprise, she was both shocked and happy that she was chosen. Vreeland admitted to us that her favorite part of World History is “joking around with the class an Mr. Placenti.”