Pep Rally Brings School and Holiday Spirit to Lakeland

Rosie Kebabjian

The 2018 Winter Pep Rally ended with a grand finale: Santa himself!

Lakeland Regional High School held a holiday pep rally on December 21, 2018, to show support for all of the winter teams and to send the students off with school spirit before the holiday break.

Seniors Raina Landolfi and Frankie Scarnaty were the two hosts of the last pep rally of 2018. LHRS athletic department, student council, and the administration helped organize the event. According to Landolfi, “The pep rally was a huge success and was very enjoyable to host.”

Landolfi and Scarnaty opened the pep rally by getting the crowd pumped up before introducing all the captains for the winter sports. After the introductions, the LRHS dance team, who placed first in categories at the West Milford and Paramus Catholic dance competitions on the weekend of January 5,  gave an amazing performance right before the student dance battle. The finalists in the dance battle were sophomore Michael Slepakoff, senior Adonai Thompson and senior Jude Clidoro. Clidoro took the gold, beating out Thompson in the final round.

Rosie Kebabjian
LRHS dance team showed off the moves that got them gold in competitions in January.

Following the dance battle, the All School Production came out and performed a song and dance routine of “All That Jazz” from the upcoming production of Chicago.

The pep rally ended on a high note when Santa came out and handed out candy canes to everyone sitting on the bleachers, and sophomore David Vargas played holiday songs on the piano for everyone to sing along to.

The pep rally was a resounding success. It left students leaving before break filled with school spirit and athletes pumped up for the season ahead.

Check out some photos from the Fall Halloween Pep Rally: