Lancers helping each other to get ready to dominate the opponent and win.
Courtesy of the LRHS Yearbook

Lakeland Girls Lacrosse: 2024 Season Recap

TThe Lakeland Regional High School girls lacrosse team had a really successful season filled with ups and downs.

Players are getting together and planning out the next step in the game. (Courtesy of LRHS Yearbook)

The girls’ record for this season was 10-6, with wins against Cedar Grove, Indian Hills, River Dell, Lenape Valley, Wayne Valley, Wayne Hills, West Milford, Fair Lawn, and Clifton. The team also had an additional win against Wayne Valley in the Passaic County Tournament, during the quarterfinal round. The girls unfortunately did not win counties this season, losing in the semi-finals in a tough match against DePaul.

Senior captains Lauren Vignola, Sofia Donnelly, Samantha Robinson, and Hailey Callahan were extremely important to the team’s success this season and will leave their teammates tough shoes to fill. Robinson expressed how the underclassmen will have to step up for the upcoming seasons, and she does believe that they can do it. She also strongly believes that many of the junior varsity players are ready to be able to fill varsity spots for next year.

Players are in the 3rd quarter, winning by 5 and getting ready to finish off the game strong. (Courtesy of the LRHS Yearbook)

Freshman Myla Gottschall joined the varsity team this year and proved herself to be an outstanding player. She was a huge help to all the girls and a great addition to the varsity team. Gottschall ended the season with eight varsity goals, earning her spot as a first year varsity athlete.

This season was also filled with showstopping milestones. Captain Callahan achieved her 300th career save, and Captain Vignola reached 100 career goals and points.

Overall, the 2024 lacrosse season was a success for the varsity team. With so many graduating seniors, the team hopes to continue to grow and see new players step up into vital varsity spots to lead the team towards even more success.