Ms. Keri Ecker

May 12, 2023

Ms. Ecker, history teacher, pictured with two students she made an impact on. (Courtney Chase Molloy)

For this year’s teacher appreciation week, we have nominated history teacher Ms. Keri Ecker. Ms. Ecker has not only proved herself to be an outstanding teacher, but a role model for all of her students. Throughout the school year, she has done nothing but try her hardest to teach to the best of her ability. She knows every detail about all of her lessons which makes her teaching so effective for all of her students. Ms. Ecker helps us grasp concepts that can be difficult to understand. Ms. Ecker works hard to ensure her students know what they’re doing and understand the material they’re learning. Even during the hardest lessons, we are able to understand and memorize the information perfectly thanks to her teaching. Furthermore, she makes her classroom a fun and comfortable environment. It is not dreadful to attend her class and most of the time we end up having a good time while learning. She incorporates games and activities to lighten the mood. As freshmen, being in a new school with new faces can be stressful and scary. Being in her classroom has always been a comfortable setting for us that allows us to have fun while also learning new things. She is constantly checking up on her students to make sure they are comfortable in the classroom and with the information they are being given. She not only gives us extra time in class for certain assignments, but she allows us to work on them with our friends. Ms. Ecker can be characterized as a caring and supportive teacher, and always puts her students’ priorities first. When asked what attributed to her being such an impactful educator, she gave credit to all the “impactful educators and coaches” that she was fortunate enough to have in her life. Specifically, her college coach was “so supportive of everything” and was able to show her “what it’s like to be that important in someone’s life.”