Boys Volleyball Finishes the Season Strong

Courtesy of LRHS Yearbook
The varsity boys volleyball team pose for a photo.

As Lakeland Regional High School’s boy’s volleyball team looks ahead to their county and state tournaments in the next few weeks, they reflect over the course of their 2024 season so far, and are feeling proud of their accomplishments on and off of the court.

So far this season, the boys hold a record of 10-8 with notable wins against Indian Hills, Wayne Hills, and rivals – West Milford. The boys have three regular season games left, on top of states, after losing in the county tournament against Passaic Charter 2-0 on May 10.

Coach and physical education teacher Brian Phillips told the Ledger, “We have improved throughout the season and are peaking at the right time of the year.” Coach Phillips feels confident that seniors Xavier Fabre and Ryan Deloughery, as well as juniors Douglas “Trip” Dalrymple, Tyler Roughton, and Luke Struble will help to lead their time through a “a nice run in counties and states.”

Junior Tyler Roughton practicing a bump. (Courtesy of the LRHS Yearbook)

The boys are working to display their best efforts each time they step onto the court. Their practices consist of passing drills, rotations, and scrimmages where they look to improve their skills moving into upcoming games. While they currently hold the second place position in their division of the Big North Conference, players and coaches feel confident the team will keep improving and winning games to improve their standing.

Coach Phillips reports that going into next season, “We will have several players returning from this year so we should have a solid nucleus to build on.”

Overall, the 2024 boys volleyball season has been successful so far and holds high hopes for their upcoming games and tournaments. The Lakeland community wishes the seniors well in all of their future endeavors and the team luck in upcoming games!