Upcoming Event: Lakeland Underclassmen to Take PSAT

CollegeBoard’s PSAT Student Guide and Practice Test are available outside of guidance. The PSAT will take place on Wednesday, October 13.

Lakeland Regional underclassmen and a handful of seniors will take the PSAT on Wednesday morning, October 13. Students who are taking the PSAT should report to school at the normal time. To account for testing, the class schedule will be modified for that day.

Is there anything you need to do to sign up?

No! LRHS has done all the work for you. All you have to do is show up and be ready to test.

Why take the PSAT?

According to CollegeBoard, taking the PSAT is a way to discover how prepared you are for college and career. For those planning on applying to colleges that take SAT scores, it also gives you a sense of where you would fall on that test. You can use your PSAT scoring information to figure out what sections of the SAT you need to work on.

Additionally, taking the test qualifies you for the National Merit Scholarship and opens doors to College Board programs and services, including other scholarships and academic reports.

What do you need to bring? Where should you go?

Students need to bring a pencil and calculator to the test.  Room assignments will be posted outside The Lancer Locker (previously known as the fish bowl), the cafeteria, and sent to teachers by Tuesday, October 12.

Can you prepare for the PSAT?

YES! The PSAT Student Guide and Practice Test (pictured) are available outside of guidance. Additionally, you can check out CollegeBoard.com’s PSAT  guide and Khan Academy for information and practice tests.

Also, just knowing the test is a huge help. Here is some basic information:

The test is 165 minutes long and made up of 3 sections: Reading, Writing and Language, and Math.

What if you’re a senior and not taking the PSAT?

A majority of seniors will not be taking the PSAT, but will still be testing on Wednesday, October 13. The New Jersey Department of Education is asking the Class of 2022 to take the StartStrong Assessment in Science. Seniors taking this test should report to the East Gym at 9:00 a.m. Just note: any senior requiring busing still needs to take their bus as normally scheduled.

Any questions should be directed to our District Testing Coordinator, Ken McCurnin at [email protected].